The tourist information in Kristiansund has four offroad bikes for hire, including helmet and lock. Daily rent only NOK 200 for the first day, then NOK 100 a day.
Biking the Atlantic Road
Photo: Terje Rakke/Nordic Life AS
Hard Rocx Shock Machine CL Disc
The Atlantic Road has been voted the best bikeride many times. Click here for more information and a great bike movie from the stretch. The tour that is tested is about 85 km, and runs between Kristiansund and Bud, but there are many opportunities to extend and shorten this unique cycling experience. If you do not have your own bike we can help you with great rental bikes at the tourist information. Get a cycling experience on the road in the sea, with contrasting experiences and landscape.
In high season there are many cars on parts of the road, so the trip is best suited for adults. Other portions of the stretch runs of less congested roads and trails. Here are some tips:
- From Kristiansund Averøy you have to get through the 6 km long Atlantic Tunnel. This is easiest done with one of the many public buses (have bike racks), or use your own car. See the route planner for bus times.
- When you are crossing Averøy island we recommend biking the inner road of the beautiful island. There are less traffic, a great cycling terrain and picturesque surroundings.
- On Kårvåg, at the start of the bridges, we recommend a stop at Bjartmars Favorittkro for a snack or a drink.
- Take a trip out to the fishing village Håholmen. In the summer the boat departs every hour.
- Directly after the much depicted Storseisundbrua you find a fishing bridge. Stop here to enjoy the ocean and try the fishing luck.
- Follow the coastal paths from Farstad to northern headland and in the area around Bud. Enjoy the magnificent views over the wild Hustadvika coast.
- Visit Ergan Fort and Coastal Centre at Bud. Here you can see the history of war and you also find the tourist information here.
There are many other detours and stop points that you should take in along the entire stretch. At the tourist information offices in Kristiansund, Molde, Bruhagen (Averøy) and Bud you find interactive planning tool where you can plan your trip and what to see on the road in detail. Recommended!
BIKE RENTAL - Prices:
Daily rent NOK 200, - first day. NOK 100,- for subsequent days. Family discounts.
Collected and delivered at the tourist office in the center of Kristiansund - Kongens Plass 1 in Kristiansund.
Return transport of bicycles from Molde by bus can be arranged for a fee. Must be booked in advance.
For reservations or more information, contact us by e-mail or +47 7158 5454.